Simply the yummiest banana bread ever!
My dear neighbor in Doha used to stop by for a quick visit and would sometimes find this bread freshly baked and served with her coffee. She would ask me for the recipe right away after the first bite. We shared a lot of laughs and chats over this yummy bread.
- 1¾ Cup all-purpose flour
- 1¼ Cup sugar
- 1 t. Baking soda
- ½ t. Salt
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Cup very ripe mashed bananas (about 2 bananas)
- ½ Cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ Cup orange juice
- 3 T. Plain, thick yogurt (like Greek yogurt)
- 1 t. Vanilla extract
- ½ cup toasted walnuts (chopped)
- Combine all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda and salt) in a large bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, combine eggs, bananas, oil, orange juice, sour cream or yogurt and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9 in. X 5 in. X 3 in. baking pan.
- Bake at 325F (170C) on the lowest rack in oven 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.